Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Great Austin Burger Hunt - Mighty Fine Burgers

Mighty Fine Burgers
10515 N. Mo Pac Expy Ste. 205
Austin, TX 78759
512-524-2400

I went to Mighty Fine Burgers a few years ago, before I started looking for Austin’s best burger. I remember it as a good burger, but I never got around to coming back so that I could review it…until now. 

I ordered the half pound regular burger, with bacon and cheese along with fries and a Diet IBC Root Beer. Mighty Fine actually serves Beer, which is an advantage for those who like beer with their burgers. I don’t really care, but it is something to remember.

The burger was good, but not spectacular. The bun was well toasted, but it was just a bun, not really much better than anyone else’s. The cheese was plentiful and well melted, but again, nothing special, just plain old American Cheese. It is a little disappointing considering the build up of this premium burger.

Just a quick word about the fries. They are over cooked, but still tasty. They are a bit greasy as well and they are plentiful enough that two people can easily share one order.

Well, it doesn’t seem like I have a lot good to say about Mighty Fine Burgers. It was a good burger, but after eating at Hat Creek Burger Company, I expect more, and I just didn’t get it from Mighty Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment