Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Great Austin Burger Hunt - Cain and Abel's


Cain & Abel's
2313 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78705


(512) 476-3201

Cain & Abel's is one of the better known watering holes and eateries in the West Campus area.  I decided to try it and see if the burgers are any good.

I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger and immediately, they sort of let me down, by not asking me how I wanted it.  Of course, some of the best burger joints don't, and I guess I should have expected it from a place that is as much a bar as it is an eatery.

Another warning should have been how long it took us to get out food.  Now, we were a party of eight, but the service was pretty slow.  Unfortunately, it did not get better when the food arrived.  The burger came with a leaf of lettuce, but was brown and unappetizing, so I left it off.  The burger was dry, and I don't just mean that it wasn't juicy, there were no condiments on the burger and no mayo on the table.  The meat was overcooked, which accounts for the dryness, but beyond that, it was burned, there was the distinct taste of....soot?  I don't know how to describe it, but it was less than ideal.

The fries were okay, but they were really greasy.

Overall, I was quite disappointed and I cannot recommend Cain & Abel's for those looking for a Great Burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment