Friday, June 22, 2012

The Great Austin Burger Hunt - Phil's Icehouse

5620 Burnet Road 
Northland and Burnet (Next to Amy's Ice Creams!) 
524-1212  

Best burger I've had in a long time.  This might have jumped to #1 on my list and if it's not, it's close.  Bun had nice tooth to it, and the burger was cooked perfectly, very juicy, eleven napkins needed.  The fries are okay, but my wife and son said that the sweet potato fries and onion rings were excellent. 

The lettuce on my burger was very crisp and tasty with the only downside that it tried to slide off the burger with each bite. 

But, don't bother with the Phil-a-Buster.  Two 1/3rd lbs. patties is just too much, even for me. 

I will definitely be going back to Phil's Icehouse...and it is also right next to Amy's Ice Cream. 

This is a very short review, and I am almost sorry for that, because it was tremendous.  I went WOW with the first bite.  I guess I am more eloquent about what I dislike than about what I like, but I cannot recommend Phil's Icehouse highly enough 

YOU.SHOULD.GO.HERE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment