Friday, March 2, 2012

Fast Breakfast Tacos Done Right

Taco Cabana
517 MLK Blvd
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 478-0875

So, in a recent review I mentioned Taco Cabana in passing, and I thought I would give them a full review for their breakfast tacos. Taco Cabana's standard breakfast taco combo is $3.29 for two tacos and a drink. If you look back at my previous breakfast taco review, you might see that I paid $3.25 for those two tacos, with no drink.

The real beauty of the Taco Cabana taco is that it is constructed after you order it. Fresh tortilla (they make their own) loaded with eggs and bacon and then wrapped up just for you. Of course, the eggs and bacon are cooked before you ordered it, but the whole thing isn't assembled ahead of time, and then stuck in a warmer.

Fresh food is always better, and so the mass produced tacos of the taco truck just are not going to fair well in comparison...and they don't.

I like the Taco Cabana salsa and I like to order cheese on the side. You can order the cheese on the taco, but I found that the amount of cheese they add to the taco is very small, but if you order it on the side they give you a little tub of cheese which is plenty for two tacos.

There may be better breakfast tacos in Austin, but they aren't close to my work, and they don't have a drive-thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment